The theme for this year’s Congress is ‘Libraries and the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Ghana. Details of the congress are as follows:
Venue: The Balme Library, University of Ghana, Legon
Date: 20th - 21st October 2016
Participation Fee: GH¢500 (This entitles you to a congress bag and papers, snacks, lunch).
Research papers on the following sub-themes will be presented by some members of the Association.
- Libraries’ role in poverty reduction
- Libraries role in ensuring healthy live and promoting well-being
- Libraries role in promoting inclusive and equitable quality education and lifelong learning opportunities / Libraries ensuring universal literacy and access to information
- Libraries promoting gender equality and empowering women and girls in local communities Libraries promoting peaceful and inclusive societies and providing justice for all.
- Libraries role in safeguarding cultural and natural heritage
- Libraries providing access to Information and Communication Technologies
- Libraries supporting National Development Plans
Kindly note that this year is also an election year and members are encouraged to attend in their numbers to elect new executives for the next two years.
Participation fees may be paid prior to the Congress into the GLA’s account.
Bank Account details
|Standard Chartered Bank||Ghana Commercial Bank|
|Branch: High Street (Accra)||Branch: Legon|
|Account name: Ghana Library Association||Account Name: Ghana Library Association|
|Account Number: 0100100589300||Account Number 1031130000506|
University of Ghana Guest Center
|Single||Gh¢ 240 Per Night|
|Double||Gh¢ 280 Per Night|
|Single||Gh¢ 320 Per Night|
|Double||Gh¢ 360 Per Night|
|Bungalow||Gh¢ 800 Per Night|
|For reservations please call the following numbers: 0289500184 / 0288 512513|
Comfort Asare (Mrs.)